Wednesday 6 May 2015

My mission statement: It will change.

Let me start off by stating that I am no master. I'm not even overly dedicated.
I'm an over-weight half-caste male with experience in 3 lineages of Wing Chun and I've had as hard a road as most others that find their way to martial arts.
Something happened when I was younger which damaged me, and I looked for solace in lessons of fighting under a teacher who wasn't in control of all his faculties.

I've had fights in my past, but I'm no street-fighter.
I have depressive bouts, medical issues, and every once in a while I'll glean something profound from my environment.
Mostly, I lack conviction. I lack control.

I'm beginning this blog to prove to myself that I can apply my thought to something and carry it through. And to try to fall back in love with Wing Chun, or in my current incarnation...Ving Tsun.
Don't get caught up on the spelling, despite how it looks Wing Chun and Ving Tsun sound the same when you say them, they're just written differently. This is what I've been told...and I am not a student of Cantonese, or any other Chinese language. Like a typical student I believe my teachers and what they have told me. That's just how it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts...